Currently a partner at Quinn Emanuel, Jon Bunge serves as a law professional with years of experience, including many years spent with Kirkland & Ellis LLP, the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Supreme Court of the Unites States. He also holds a Bachelor’s degree from Princeton University and a J.D. from the University of Chicago’s Law School division. But is there more to learn about Jonathan Bunge and his accomplishments throughout the years? Yes, there is. To learn more, continue reading below.
Professional experience in the office
Currently serving as the managing partner of the Chicago office of Quinn Emanuel, Jon Bunge works with litigation disputes on a daily basis. Because of his professional experience, a total of 45 years, he has acquired the skills necessary in his line of work, which involves a large selection of disputes and concerns. He has also spent various amounts of time working with both small business and large companies, environmental matters, white collar criminal matter and a few financial disputes. Some of his most noted cases in the past include McDonald’s, 3M and IBM.
Some of his current skill sets include securities litigation, class action litigation, investment fund and fund advisor litigation, domestic U.S. arbitration, and appellate practice.
A look at his professional career
Over the years, Jonathan Bunge has acquired many years of experience through working in various situations and for various firms. Here’s a little summary of where he has worked thus far, starting off at the beginning of his career:
- Law Clerk to the Hon. James Buckley: Jonathan worked within the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit from 1988 to 1989, a total of one year.
- Law Clerk to Justice Byron White: From 1989 to 1990, a total of a year in length, Jonathan worked from the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Deputy Chief, General Crimes Section, Assistant U.S. Attorney: Mr. Bunge worked at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for a total of 9 years, from 1990 to 1999. His office was located in the Greater Chicago Area.
- Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP: For a total of 15 years and 1 month, Mr. Bunge worked as a Partner at the law firm. His location was in the Greater Chicago Area.
- Partner, Quinn Emanuel: Currently working as a Partner for Quinn Emanuel, Jonathan has been in his current position for a year and 3 months, as it started back in September of 2015. His office is currently in the Greater Chicago Area.
Educational experience before his career began
Before Jonathan Bunge began his career, he first had to obtain the correct and needed educational requirements. In doing so, he obtained a Bachelors degree from Princeton University in 1984 and a Juris Doctor from the University of Chicago Law School in 1988. During his time at the University of Chicago he participated as the Topics and Comments Editor for the University of Chicago Law Review.
Noted as a Fellow of the American Collage of Trail Lawyers, among many other things, Jon Bunge has proven himself time and time again within his field of law. He has also been titled ‘one of Chicago’s top trial lawyers’ by The American Lawyer publication and is currently listed as an ‘Illinois Super Lawyer’. He is also currently titled one of the ‘Best Lawyers in America’.